Board of Directors
- Gavin McIlvenna, President
- Scott Sengenberger, Vice-President
- Lonny LeGrand, Secretary
- Larry W. Seaton, Treasurer / Historian
- Thomas W. Tudor, Past-President
- Jamie Goebel, Quartermaster
- Andrew Thomas, Director
- Jeffrey Stitzel, Director
- Matthew Woody, Director
- Ruth Robinson, Director
- SSG Alexander Deal, Sergeant of the Guard
- Maria Diaz, Legal Counsel
- Charles Shacochis, Chaplain
- Lynn Giddings, Administrative Assistant
- Pam Tish, Website
- Dave Hathaway, Assistant Quartermaster
Honorary Board of Directors
- Chief of Staff, United States Army
- Sergeant Major of the Army
- Commanding General, Military District of Washington
- Command Sergeant Major, Military District of Washington
- Commanding Officer, 3d US Infantry (The Old Guard)
- Regimental Sergeant Major, 3d Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard)
- Sergeant of the Guard, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- Superintendent, Arlington National Cemetery
Support the Society
The Society of the Honor Guard, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (SHGTUS) is able to provide our programs, events, assistance, scholarships, and services due to the generosity of its members, organizations, and individuals. SHGTUS does not receive institutional funding. Note: The Society of the Honor Guard, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is a 501(c)(3) organization, so your contributions may be fully tax deductible.
Did you know?
How many steps does the Sentinel take during their 'walk' by the Tomb of the Unknowns and why?
Twenty-one steps. It alludes to the twenty-one gun salute, which is the highest honor given any military or foreign dignitary.